
If you enjoyed the video on my earlier post, then you would probably like this DVD. I have not seen it, but only watched
clips from it on YouTube. From what I have seen, it is exceptionally tasteful and beautiful. Click
here for ordering information. "The Nutcracker" brings back so many memories for me because although I was never cast for it, I did try out when I was younger and it was a good experience for me. My mom enrolled me at
Clytie Adam's School of Ballet and I took lessons from about age 3 to 11. I love the smell of new ballet shoes and the feel of new tights. I always looked forward with anticipation to what my costume for the upcoming recital would look like. Last Christmastime, Brandon took me to Ballet West's production of "The Nutcracker" and I loved it so much I cried. I know that many families make this a Christmas tradition.
1 comment:
I LOVE "The Nutcracker". Our family has a tradition of going to the Pacific Northwest Ballet's production and it is spectacular! I was so sad to miss it this year. The sets are amazing (done by the illustrator Maurice Sendak, who wrote and illustrated "Where the Wild Things Are") and it is sersiously one of the most amazing productions I have ever seen. Since you guys are lucky enough to live in the Seattle area I would definately recommend going if you can!
Post a Comment