Dec 19, 2008

Celine Dion-Oh Holy night

This is one of Brandon’s favorite Christmas songs so I wanted to dedicate this rendition to him. Last night was very bitter cold, but we were out of milk and good cereal so we ventured out. I couldn’t believe the roads; they hadn’t been plowed and were a thick sheet of ice. Hardly any cars were with us on the road, which was probably an indication that we shouldn’t have been on the road either. But there’s only one grocery store (as far as I know) that sells Quaker Oh’s cereal; so Brandon drove me across town in the freezing cold to get it. He was cheerful the whole time and we had a fun time together. This is one of many examples I could tell you of what a good man my husband is. This Thanksgiving, he pulled out the wishbone for us to break and make a wish. But it sat on the counter for a week while I thought of something I wanted to wish for; before I had met Brandon, I would wish that I would meet someone like Brandon. Eventually, I got sick of seeing the wishbone on the counter and threw it away. There isn’t anything more I would wish for myself, but to be with him. He has been very caring toward me throughout my pregnancy and I am so thankful for him.

4 comments:

Jacquelyn Sherry said...

Brandon is awesome, I'm so stoked he's in the family! I hear ya on the Oh's. Those are tasty. I would like some right now...nope actually it's time for a pumpkin spice cake donut from Krispy Kreme. It's one of my seasonal indulgences...but unfortunately, it's snowing, it's supposed to be a nasty storm today...no donuts for me...

Alicia said...

Pumpkin spice cake donuts from Krispy Kremes are flope (fly + dope)!

kaitlyn said...

what store sells the Oh's? i just had them the other night at my sis-in-law's house, yummy!

that is cute about the wish bone! it sounds like you have really been blessed this year! congrats!

Alicia said...

Hagens sells Oh's