Dec 20, 2008

Peanut Butter Cookies

These are chewy, delicious, and effortless to make. You will need two medium-sized mixing bowls, a melon baller, and an electric mixer.


Designate 1 mixing bowl for dry ingredients and add:
1 and ¼ cups firmly packed brown sugar, dark if preferred
1 and ¾ cups flour
¾ teaspoon baking soda
¾ teaspoon real sea salt
Mix dry ingredients well with a fork

In your other bowl, add wet ingredients:
¾ cup of creamy peanut butter
½ cup of unsalted butter that has been softened
3 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon real vanilla
1 egg
Beat wet ingredients on low speed until well blended (you may get splashed so proceed slowly)
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients bowl and beat on low speed until well blended
Scoop dough with melon baller and drop onto baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Flatten slightly in crisscross pattern with tines of fork.
Bake 375 degrees for 8 minutes. Do not overbake.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

those look pretty yummy!! I might have to try making them!

Jason and Shalise Staples said...

I have been really wanting to make peanut better cookies. They look really good!

spudette said...

My comment has nothing to do with Peanut Butter cookies. I wanted you to see it, so I'm posting it here. I watched Love Actually on your recommendation - it was on Oxygen last week. I loved it! So good! Thanks for the tip! It's a bit difficult to see Hugh Grant as the Prime Minister, but once you get over that it totally rocks.

B-Blogit said...

Yummy cookies, chocolate chip and peanut butter!

Raquel said...

I hope you had a wonderful holiday season. The cookies look so good! I LOVE peanut butter cookies. Thank you for the comments on my blog. It is nice to chat with you. Happy New Year!