Dec 12, 2008

Christmas Tree





I had to use my cell phone to take these pictures, but I wanted to show you that our amaryllis (erroneously named) has bloomed! My family always received one from the Rigby family for Christmas and I always loved it's gorgeous bloom. Mine is much smaller, but I was so happy to see that I didn't kill it. Apparently, this flower can symbolize the resurrection because you can cultivate it to bloom again. For more information on this flower, click here. Also is the matryoshka doll that my brother brought back for me from his mission in Poland. I have another one that is green from Russia, but this one has a little more sentimental value to me. When I look at these dolls, I think of my heritage. Within each doll is a similar doll, as if you were looking at great-grandmother, grandmother, mother, daughter, granddaughter, and great-granddaughter. I love these dolls; they are a lot of fun to collect and display. Brandon and I just got back from his work Christmas lunch. We were so surprised to receive a large gift basket of treats from Harry and David and a beautiful green and gold Christmas candle. Lunch was at the restaurant insdie the Hotel Bellwether. We didn't have time to take a tour of the rooms, but I loved the interior that I got to see. The furniture seemed like it was dark cherry and the colors of the carpet and apolstry were very calm and professional. It looks like it would be a lovely place to stay. For more information or to see the photo gallery, click here.


4 comments:

GeNee said...

Your pictures are beautiful!

Raquel said...

What a beautiful tree you have there! I love amaryllis- we get them every year because my grandmother always liked them.They are so beatiful.

GeNee said...

That hotel looks so fun. Is it far away from your house? What town is it in? That was nice of your work to give you a lovely present.

love.boxes said...

Such a pretty Tree! Love it!