
Last week, I went to Utah to visit my family and to have a baby shower. It was really nice to have my dad pick me up at the airport. He is always very busy taking good care of my brother Josh that it is hard to find time to talk. It was really nice to drive with him in the car, just the two of us. He takes such good care of himself, despite not being able to get much sleep and always looks so nice. There wasn't a dull moment. From the minute I got to my mom's house, we were busy getting ready for the shower. It was really fun to be with my mom and get ready for the shower with her. Anyone who knows my mom will tell you that she knows how to fave fun. I think that's why on my cell phone, my
ringtone for my mom is the song "Girls Just Want to Have Fun." Her big thing in life is giving to others and making life fun, and she had a lot of things planned for the event. Around Valentine's Day we talked about this and one of the things that my mom said that really makes clear her viewpoint on life was: "Don't sit around on Valentine's Day and worry about what you will get, go and write some nice cards and get valentines for other people." She has always been so generous every holiday and my dad is a big part of that because he encourages her to do as much as the two of them can afford to make life special and fun for their family and others. Here is a picture of my cousins
Tirra and
Shelese, who are sisters. Then, here is my Aunt Pam with McKenzie, and her daughters-in-law Kelli (
Touch of Grey Photography) and Hayley (Right) and grandsons.

.jpg)
I have known these friends since I was in Junior High and we have remained close. From Left to Right: Melissa, Me,
Shalee & Talya, Marti, Holly, Tara, and
Kayleen. Holly is so good with a camera and she took most of the pictures I have of the baby shower. It was really fun to see these friends who I have enjoyed staying in touch with over the years.


My sister Tiffany (
Tiffany's Hand Painted Love Boxes) had some great ideas for the baby shower. My mom and I found these pink, baby bottles at a party supply store and filled them with
JellyBelly jellybeans. Then my mom had these cute tags that she tied to the bottles with a pretty bow. At first, we bought so many beans we had such a surplus! Thankfully, Target allowed us to return the unopened jellybeans. When I went to Target to return them, I ran into one of my former students! It was a really funny moment to see the surprise on his face to have one of his teachers trying to return a big load of surplus jellybeans! Here is a picture of my sisters and sister-in-law. From Left to Right: Jackie, Me, Tiffany, Christine, and Brynn. Tiffany, who just had a beautiful baby in December looked so lovely. Everyone always tells me how beautiful my mom and sisters are. I am so lucky to have such a good friendship with them. They truly make me so happy and whenever I talk to any of them I feel inspired, it's always like talking to my best friends. They are so smart and capable and each of them cares so much to reach out to others and let their light shine.

Here is Christine's pretty chandelier that my mom hung these pretty, pink roses in
sippy cups from. She found these at
Pottery Barn Kids. My sister worked so hard to clean and get ready for this shower and her house looked absolutely beautiful! Brandon's family came too! My mother-in-law has such a big heart. She cries at the drop of a dime and you can tell that she genuinely cares so much for her family. They gave us a beautiful
playard from
Boppy. I am really looking forward to it. From Left to Right: Lynne (Brandon's mom), Grandma, Debbie, Jen (Aunt), Mary and Bottom Row: Me, Jen, and Melissa.


This other picture is of my friend Ashley (center) with Jessica and Jackie. She was my maid-of-honor and taught with me at Davis High in
Kaysville. We have been friends for a really long time. I first met her when I was a senior in her AP English class.

She got us these great books by artist and writer
Janell Cannon. It was really fun to see her again. She's like a sister to me.

Here are some of the beautiful cupcakes that my mom and Tiffany made. I helped my mom by making these cute signs that read: "Gloria's Bake Shop" and then say what flavor is what. I love these pretty, paper cups that my mom put the cupcakes in. Here is a picture of my mom's sisters and her mom. From Left to Right: Sherry, Jackie, Grandma, and
GeNee (my mom).

When I was little, my family would celebrate Easter with my mom's side. We would drive up to Idaho to Aunt Sherry's pretty house where she and Uncle Don would put on a huge Easter Egg Hunt. I have so many fond memories of my times as a little girl in Idaho, including picking fresh rasberries and eating them with cream. I am very thankful to my aunts and grandma for making the long drive to come to my baby shower.
7 comments:
Wow it looks like you had a great shower. That is great that so many people were able to go too. How were you able to get all of the fun gifts back to washington?
Alicia, It was so fun to come to the shower! We all love you and it was so fun to see all of our family and also Brandon's family and your friends. Thank you for the sweet words about Idaho. They are fun memories for me too. Love, Aunt Sherry
Most people knew I was flying back, so we got a lot of clothes. I'm a bit prideful at my packing abilities and I was able to pack it all in just the suitcase I brought with me and a backpack I used as a carry on. Brandon's family sent the playard UPS.
Those are great pictures. We really did have a fun time. I can't wait until you can come again. It will be fun if Brandon and the babe can come too!
Very cool Alicia! I can see where you get your cute party favor genes from now. I'm glad you had fun!
It appears as though your shower was wonderful :)What fun it is to get together with family and friends!
The shower was so fun! Sorry I had to leave early, but I had a wonderful time anyway!
Post a Comment