Jan 19, 2009

Royal Copenhagen


These collectible Christmas plates by Royal Copenhagen have been a family tradition since my parents were newly married. I have lost count of how many they have hanging in their blue and white kitchen. My dad has been giving me the current year's Christmas plate for Christmas each year since 1998. I was thrilled with the beautiful 2008 plate! From royalcopenhagen.com, "Royal Copenhagen started production of Christmas plates in 1908. In the early years the motifs were selected from entries in a competition among the factory’s porcelain painters, so the styles varied widely. On the later plates the different motifs are inspired by the Danish countryside, history and traditions." Brandon hung 7 of our plates in the baby's nursery last week. They are tricky to hang and he did a fantastic job because he got them hung right the first time! I have made so many mistakes hanging these plates in the past and was so happy that Brandon was here to hang them instead of me.

1 comment:

GeNee said...

They will be fun in the babies nursery. That will give her something to look at.