These other photos I took while driving through scenic Everson, just south of the Canadian border. It looks like there's a glare through my camera lens, but it is really the fog that was surrounding the evergreens. It was so quiet and serene on this road that I felt like I was the only person out there, but I actually saw several other cars. It is near the Nooksack River, which is currently overflowing. I would have taken pictures of the river if I had had more time.



Everson must be a logging and lumber town. It is rural and has a similar feeling to Logan, Utah. I drove down the main street in town and the shops and buildings all appeared to be older. I was sad to discover several farms that had been completely flooded from the rain this week. I saw two homes that were joined by a new lake that the rain had left behind. There were probably two hundred ducks that decided to occupy this lake, whose borders were washing up against the windows of these two neighboring houses. It looked like such a mess and devastating to the occupants of these homes.
Everson must be a logging and lumber town. It is rural and has a similar feeling to Logan, Utah. I drove down the main street in town and the shops and buildings all appeared to be older. I was sad to discover several farms that had been completely flooded from the rain this week. I saw two homes that were joined by a new lake that the rain had left behind. There were probably two hundred ducks that decided to occupy this lake, whose borders were washing up against the windows of these two neighboring houses. It looked like such a mess and devastating to the occupants of these homes.

6 comments:
alicia, you are so wonderful. thanks so much for helping me out with the advertisement. i seriously appreciate it so much! thank you!
also, those pictures you took are really pretty. it looks a little gloomy there, but very pretty.
Great pictures, Alicia! Do you do a lot of photography?
I don't spend much money on camera equipment (I use whatever camera I got for Christmas). I've only had two cameras, a 35mm and now this digital one I just got and am learning to use. But about 10 years ago, I would always take pictures and I practiced a lot. But then when everyone went digital and I didn't have a camera, I kind of put the 35mm away and didn't think about taking pictures but it is something that I really enjoy doing and want to pick up more. I really like art and composition and I like the practice.
So beautiful! I love the pics!
How far is Emerson from Bellingham. The picture of the road is beautiful. You will have fun now that it will get lighter and spring is coming. It is so bright outside today.
Gorgeous pictures, Alicia! I'm so glad you commented on my blog; I never would have known you had a blog otherwise. Congrats on expecting a baby, too!
Post a Comment