I really look forward to Tuesdays because I spend the morning in Lynden shopping and tasting treats while Brandon is at work, then we meet up for lunch. One of our favorite lunch places is Milt's Pizza, but we recently tried a new place; Brandon and I liked these authentic, Dutch pannekoeken at Dutch Mothers in Lynden. The family restaurant is really laid back and you get a lot of food for the price. I enjoyed the hot chocolate and mushroom and cheese pannekoeken, which is essentially a large pancake with various fillings.

6 comments:
The next time you eat lunch in Lynden you HAVE TO EAT at the Lynded Dutch Bakery, if you haven't already. They have the MOST AMAZING lunch menu with soups and sandwiches and tons of pies and treats to choose for dessert. My favority soup is the Pea soup (which they have daily) and I am not even a fan of that kind of soup, but theirs is MAGICAL. All the sandwiches are fresh made and amazing. It is without a doubt one of my favorite lunch spots. It is just a little down from Dutch mothers, and the bakery supplies all the bread and stuff for the restaurant. Sorry for the marathon, but I get really excited about food :)
Mmmm I want to eat some right now!
We love the Lynden Dutch Bakery! I really like a croissant turkey and tomato sandwich with extra mayo and provelone. I love their brownies, too.
I think you might BE dutch! You love the Lynden crafts and foood---I think you might be! (Dutch)--SHaun says that I should try singing that first part, and it would sound like a song. (Try it--to a Pop tune.) (Sorry, it's late and I think I might be a little silly.)
We have only been to dutch mothers once, but apparently should check it out again! i love the Lynden Dutch Bakery too!
I'm so jealous! You may remember that I served my mission in the Netherlands. These pictures bring back some delicious memories. We did some volunteer work in a Dutch bakery that one of our investigators owned. Mmmmmmm.
Post a Comment