Nov 14, 2008

Going Home

Brandon and I are really looking forward to our visit to Utah. Brandon has purchased his tickets to see the Utah Jazz and I am stewing about what I will say at my mom's Family Christmas Party and also about how I will dress my pregnant self for the event. Grandma Gregerson, my dad, and my sister Christine all have a birthday coming up! And we'll get to meet the new niece and nephew we've been so excited about. It will be a great time. Last year, Lynne amazed me with how thoughtful she was to get everyone such nice gifts and make me feel so welcome and appreciated. Lynne's tree last year was so beautiful and it looked wonderful with her newly painted and stained condo! I also remember having a great time at Nick and Debbie's house on Christmas Eve. They made it so inviting and cozy. I just hope I don't hit anyone on Brandon's side of the family in the head with a ball or swallow my ice cubes or lick any plates while Colton catches it on video. My mom and dad make Christmas so lovely, especially Christmas Day breakfast. I can't wait to see your Christmas tree mom! I love to wake up early when the house is really quiet, and go and fall asleep on the couch by the tree. It is my favorite luxury. Brandon is making me have so much patience. Usually, I wouldn't want to put up the Christmas tree until the day after Thanksgiving, but I guess just being in a new place has made me anxious to put up the Christmas decorations so I was able to talk him into it a week early.

3 comments:

Jacquelyn Sherry said...

I'm all about Christmas trees bein' up as soon as possible. If I had my way, at least one small one would be left up all year. I would love to leave a tree up all year, but then I wouldn't have the excitement of getting to put it up...and I'm afraid the symbolism that the tree brings into our home would not last throughout the year if I did a thing like that. But I do so love the tree! And everything it means to me!

GeNee said...

I can't wait for you to come. We are getting ready for Thanksgiving. Jackie is coming home on Saturday to see Robert and then home on Tuesday for the Thanksgiving holiday.

Raquel said...

I'm going to be in Utah for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I'm really looking forward to it. It is so nice to see all your photos here. Your parents look fantastic - I haven't seen them for so long. Keep in touch