Nov 17, 2008

Brandi Carlile's "The Story"

Stephen E-mailed me this music video. Occasionally, an artist comes along and gets the melody and lyrics just such that it resonates long after you've stopped listening. This is how I feel about this song. I hear a little Emmylou Harris in this vocalist and "The Story" uses the same chord progression that's in U2's "With or Without You" so although this song is modern, I feel like there's something in it for all audiences. For me, this song is a glimpse into the notion that there are such things as soul mates, a belief that has been a deep and personal hope of mine since I can remember until I married Brandon and didn't have to hope for it anymore. Watch "The Song," by Brandi Carlile here. Read lyrics here. Trouble hearing the song? Make sure you have scrolled down to the bottom of our blog and "paused" our Playlist so you don't hear both songs at once.

3 comments:

GeNee said...

That is a nice song. Is it the song you had me listen to, when you and Brandon were staying with us?

Jason and Shalise Staples said...

Hey that was a great song. I love your blog! And I am glad that you moved to good old bellingham washington.

Shelese said...

Thanks for the invitation! Love your new pics and your new house.