Nov 14, 2008

Nice Weekend




We enjoyed a nice weekend a couple weeks ago and took a drive up to the mountains. The scenery was so beautiful. Brandon and I both really love how beautiful the mountains are and we enjoy scenic drives through the canyon. Afterward, we ate at Milano's pasta fresca. Although there were some flies in the restaurant because of its proximity to the great outdoors, the food was some of the freshest and finest food I've had at any restaurant and you could tell it was made carefully and to impress! I would recommend this place to anyone for lunch. It is the perfect end to a beautiful drive in the mountains. It has been a very beautiful fall in Washington. The leaves are not as dramatic as the fall leaves in Utah, but there is still a variety of colors and our front lawn is covered in leaves. It was very cold the other morning but overall, a sweater during the day and a jacket at night is enough to stay warm. The two considerations in dressing for the weather here are: 1) don't carry an umbrella or you'll look like you're from out of town, and 2) wear shoes that are waterproof unless you want to step in a puddle and get your feet wet. Stepping in puddles is entirely unavoidable while grocery shopping or going out to eat or going anywhere it seems.

5 comments:

Carmen said...

gosh those are BEAUTIFUL mountains.

Jacquelyn Sherry said...

Oh man! That's so beautiful!!! I absolutely cannot wait to go visit. I have to have mountains nearby, that's what I love.

-The Walters family said...

Nice torso coat "Nandon", it looks vaguely familiar....I dont think dad ever filled it up the way you do....Ryan

GeNee said...

I can't believe how beautiful that those mountains are. That is such a beautiful picture with two beautiful people in it.

Holly said...

Wow, that is amazing scenery. It is so perfect that it almost doesn't look real. Can't wait to visit sometime.