I loved these dolls when I was little and would love to have a daughter someday who could collect them too. The dolls and accessories are so well-made. They even have a doll hospital where you can send your broken doll or accessories to be fixed and they will be returned to you. I enjoy the books and toys that come along with them. American Girl offers dolls like Samantha, Kirsten, Molly, Addy, etc. Because they are all different and come with a storyline, including family and friends all their own, they present a historical context and teach young girls about cultural diversity. Young girls could also have a doll be made to look just like them but I think that sounds boring. They also make baby dolls, which are very cute and a lot of fun. Unfortunately, if your daughter likes Samantha, you will no longer be able to purchase her! She is going to retire from doll life. Check out her and other characters from American Girl here.
Nov 13, 2008
American Girl
I loved these dolls when I was little and would love to have a daughter someday who could collect them too. The dolls and accessories are so well-made. They even have a doll hospital where you can send your broken doll or accessories to be fixed and they will be returned to you. I enjoy the books and toys that come along with them. American Girl offers dolls like Samantha, Kirsten, Molly, Addy, etc. Because they are all different and come with a storyline, including family and friends all their own, they present a historical context and teach young girls about cultural diversity. Young girls could also have a doll be made to look just like them but I think that sounds boring. They also make baby dolls, which are very cute and a lot of fun. Unfortunately, if your daughter likes Samantha, you will no longer be able to purchase her! She is going to retire from doll life. Check out her and other characters from American Girl here.
Posted by
Alicia
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Those dolls bring back such good memories! I loved playing with those dolls with you and Heather at your house. I always got to be Kirsten because she had blonde hair like me :) I hope to get an American doll for each of my girls someday too!
I loved giving my girls those dolls. I think it is a great company and I love the store in New York City
Samantha was always my favorite! Everytime I walk past the American Girl Doll Store here in LA I think of you and how much fun we had playing with the dolls.
Samantha was my favorite! How sad they are retiring her, good thing I already have her! :)
I remember playing with those with you. It was always so much fun!
I remember playing with those with you. It was always so much fun!
Post a Comment