
My hair, skin and lips are so dry all year-round, but for most people winter really leaves them out to dry. These are my favorite moisturizing products and necessities for me to stay hydrated. For hair, Kenra’s Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner works miracles (especially for static-prone frizz). You’ll fall in love with it. Also, check to see that your hairbrush has a ceramic finish and that you use an ionic hairdryer. If Kenra is not affordable, I suggest buying it at the onset of the dry, winter months and then continuing with Herbal Essences Replenishing Shampoo and Conditioner. For dry skin, I love Complex 15 Therapeutic Moisturizing Lotion. Unfortunately, I can only find it on Amazon.com. I use it for face and body. It is never greasy and your skin soaks it right up. I usually apply it twice because my skin just loves it and absorbs it so quickly. It gives you a lasting, moisturized feeling all day and it is hypoallergenic and fragrance-free. Also for dry skin, especially those annoying red bumps on the back of your upper arms, I find AmLactin Moisturizing Lotion (available on Amazon.com) very effective. It contains lactic acid so if you have severe skin, you might want to ask your dermatologist if this is for you. I find that it works as well or better as the more expensive DERMAdoctor KP Duty cream for keratosis or “chicken skin.” I use it on my face, arms and legs. The first time I used it, my face and body turned bright red and it stung, but after more uses, I am used to it and only have to rely on it for touch-ups if my skin misbehaves. Last for lips, I either like Cherry-Ice, or Burt’s Bees Beeswax Lip Balm. Keep it next to your bed and put it on right before you fall asleep. Replace your bar of soap with a moisturizing shower gel. Drink plenty of water instead of soda, which actually dehydrates you and snack on nuts that are rich in essential oils.

2 comments:
For my dry skin I've also found that mixing PURE Aloe gel (I buy from Whole Foods or a natural/Organic market because it has to be 99% Aloe) and mix that in your hand w/ Vitamin E oil-- its the most amazing moisturizer I have ever used.
If I don't use Burt's Bee's, any other lip balm makes my face surrounding my mouth extremely red an chapped so that I look like a clown with dandruff. It's bad news. Has anyone else noticed an addictive effect from Burt's Bees (which I love by the way) or is it just me and my weird skin? The reason I liked Burt's in the first place is because of the cool mint feeling, just like the cherry ice we grew up with. Our dad would buy boxes of it, so it was always around. Now I can't use it anymore though...weird.
Post a Comment