Nov 14, 2008

Ice Skating and Other Skills














Brandon convinced me to get out on the ice on our trip to Sun Valley even though after watching me go around the rink once, one niece said to me, "Boo, what are you doing?! Do you know that that isn't really ice skating?!" Yeah, my nieces and nephews call me Boo. I think one of their parents told them to call me Aunt Boo to be more respectful so some of them call me that and others just plain Boo. But I'd rather go by Boo than Aunt Alicia anyway. I definitely need more practice on the ice before I'm ready to show off my skills. Apparently, I don't throw very well either. At another point on our vacation, I was trying to throw a toy to my nephew whose older brother happened to be watching and pointed out to me, "Ummmm....no offense, but I think Brandon can throw a lot better than you." At least our nieces and nephews feel comfortable sharing their input, which is always welcome and duly noted. They had a wonderful time together and were much better skaters than us adults excepting Jackie who is brilliant at everything and so naturally, was a great skater. And can probably throw better than I (but at least I know that I is the subject of this sentence and ending with me would be incorrect since me recieves the object-go Boo!). Overall, my nieces and nephews think Brandon is cooler than Boo. You could say they prefer him over me.

2 comments:

Jacquelyn Sherry said...

Yeah, ice skating does you absolutely no good on a grammar test. I'm afraid I learned that the hard way. I totally bombed on one last week. Luckily there was a curve, so I will survive it and pass, but yikes...

GeNee said...

Those are cute kids! You and Brandon were very good at ice skating