Mar 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day

If I were in Utah today, I would eat at MacCool's Restaurant in Layton. This picture shows the beautiful, handmade chairs that you sit in when you eat there. I love the big, rock slabs with Irish blessings inscribed. I'd order the meatloaf and grilled, green beans and mashed potatoes. Then, I'd finish it with chocolate bread pudding and vanilla ice cream. I wish I could go!


Then, I would relax at home and watch "Riverdance," performed at Radio City. I know a lot of people make fun of this show, but it puts me in a good mood. A year ago in February, I asked Brandon to get us tickets for my birthday to see them at the University of Utah. It was one of our best dates. The music is great and I have the CD. It really puts me in a good mood. Here's a clip that gives you a taste of the performance.
Here is a picture of a vase created by Belleek, an Irish China. You can see more examples here. About the time my grandparents were returning from their mission to Ireland, my mom asked each of us girls in the family to choose a Belleek piece. I chose a beehive, then later switched to a vase, similar to this one except it had light, purple flowers on it instead of shamrocks. I also remember little, white bells with green shamrocks on them made by Belleek.

2 comments:

B-Blogit said...

We love McCools! It is just fantastic, especially the Lamb Ribs! So fantastic!

Nice recommendations, though I havent seen Riverdance before.

love.boxes said...

That is the best St. Pat's post I've seen.. you covered lots of the good stuff!