
Brandon took me, Gloria and my mom to the tulip festival in
Anacortes. I really didn't expect it to be as beautiful or as big as it was. If you live nearby, I recommend visiting the tulip festival and then doing some quick shopping/eating in
LaConner, which is right next to
Anacortes. My favorite were the pink tulips and I enjoyed taking pictures of my new baby next to them (there are more pictures of Gloria next to the tulips on her
blog). Things are going well for mama and pops. I really appreciate all of Brandon's help through the emotional ups and downs of being a new mom. He has been very supportive and jumps in to help when he sees that I'm overwhelmed. Breastfeeding has been a challenge for me. I can get about 2 ounces a day to feed her and then we supplement with formula. I didn't expect this to happen and so I was a little discouraged by it but I appreciated Brandon's attitude that we had a lot to be thankful for; Gloria is a healthy baby and if I can't produce enough milk, that's why we have formula. My friends Kaitlyn and
Vashti have been so kind and supportive. I love my friends here and feel so lucky. In fact,
Shalise stopped by the other day and brought me some beautiful tulips. That was so nice! I am so thankful for good friends. I took baby to the doc today and she weighed 7 lbs. 1 oz. just a little less than last week, which made me a little teary but again, Brandon reassured me that it was probably due to her having just eaten before being weighed last week and her being weighed before mealtime this week. Hopefully at her next weigh-in, she'll be just where she needs to be. My sister Tiffany said that having a baby is like having your heart taken out of your chest and watching it walk around on legs. That is exactly how I feel. It has really made me thankful to God for all of the blessings He's given me and it has also made me feel both confident in myself and vulnerable at the same time. It is an amazing experience to be a new mom. My mom asked me if I was happy I had a baby and I answered an enthusiastic, "yes!" And she said, "I don't mean 'are you happy you're
not pregnant anymore,' I mean are you
happy you had a baby?" I told her again that yes I was so happy I had a baby and it didn't have anything to do with
not being pregnant anymore. There isn't anything I've done to equal how satisfied I feel with having a baby, especially with someone I love as much as I love Brandon. I took Gloria to
Lynden to have lunch with Brandon and then do a little shopping. But instead of shopping, I ended up changing her diaper and sitting in the backseat of my car and feeding her a bottle for an hour. I looked down at her beautiful face and thought of the scripture that says "when ye are in the service of your fellow beings, ye are in the service of your God." I felt so happy that I have the opportunity to do for my little baby what she is unable to do for herself. It gives me great satisfaction and real joy.
10 comments:
So amazing! And Gloria's blanket matches perfectly!
So gorgeous! That is one of my favorite Northwest activities, but I haven't been able to go for years :( I'm glad you were able to enjoy it!
Those are great pictures.
Thanks for the comments on my blog you guys. It's always great to hear from you. Those tulips are beautiful! Looks like a fun outing. We were able to stop by to see Jen last week. Our hearts just ache for Ryan, Jen, and little Noah. I just can't even imagine. Colton is awesome about calling us every time there is news about the situation. You guys have such a strong and amazing family. Thanks for your examples.
Stunning!
Wow! Looks so pretty and Fun! I LOVE that you took baby Gloria out already to see the beautiful flowers.
I love the Tulip Festival! It is so wonderful we live so close!
Wow, I'm impressed that you are out and about! Congratulations on baby Gloria, she's adorable.
wow, that is beautiful!
Beautiful tulips! Hang in there with the new mom stuff. I never produced enough milk either, which I was very disappointed about. I'm hoping something will change with this pregnancy, but we'll see. Sorry to hear about your wrist! that can't help the situation much...but fastfood can! :)
Post a Comment